Unless you’ve been living under a rock, certainly you must of heard of the incredible versatility of hemp. It seems that no matter what your problem is in life, just Google hemp, and you’ll find a solution.
The other day while researching hemp on Youtube, I found everything from rope, to underwear, to erotic lube to curing cancer. Depending on who you speak to it’s stronger, stretchier, more waterproof, and healthier than anything else known to man. It is indeed an amazing thing.
Here though at Curavita, we love to consume it as a healthy food source. You can check out our Australian hemp protein powder reviews here.
So, here are a few recipes that we like to make with hemp protein. Most of these we’ve found online or supplied so we’ll be sure to cite the source where required.
Cacao and Hemp Protein Balls By Hemp Foods Australia
This little gem of a recipe is by Hemp Foods Australia.
It’s super easy (and fun to make).
Image courtesy of Hemp Foods Australia
For the balls:
- 1/2 cup hemp protein
- 2 tbs hemp flour
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted pinch salt
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tbs desiccated coconut
- 1 tbs cacao powder
How To Make:
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Place the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes then roll into balls. Roll the ball through the different decorating items.
Easy Hemp Protein Smoothie
This is a really easy hemp protein smoothie courtesy of the guys at Ministry Of Hemp.
We all have that little cravings in side us for a smoothie. I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like a good smoothie. Of course sometimes we try keep them to a minimum. I still remember growing up with Milo milkshakes. I probably had way too many of them, but man they were good. Luckily with hemp protein, we can now make an incredible healthy shake / smoothie, and it’s up to you if you add some flavouring or a little bit of…..dare I say…..sweetness?
Image courtesy of Ministry of Hemp
In this smoothie recipe they take care of taste with strawberries and honey. Here it is:
- 10 ice cubes
- ¼ cup blueberries & strawberries
- 1 scoop of hemp-based protein
- 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic honey
- ½ cup of almond milk
How To Make: Put all ingredients into blender Blend into desired consistency (change amount of ice & milk to change thickness)
Pour & enjoy!
Hemp Seed Protein Bar
Protein bars are all the rage currently, but it’s not just a fad or a trend. Like everything else protein wise, and of course hemp wise, their are real health and lifestyle benefits. If you can make hemp balls, of course you can make bars……right. This recipe comes via two sources….well actually the same source but it was posted on another website, Sporteluxe, but it’s actually an original recipe from http://krumbled.com/.
Image courtesy of Sporteluxe
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon nut butter (I used macadamia – can omit for almond, peanut etc)
- 2 heaped tablespoons hemp seeds 2-3 heaped tablespoons almond meal / LSA
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- ½ teaspoon Natvia
How To Make
1. In a large bowl, pop all of the ingredients in. You want a nice thick sort of consistency, but you still want to be able to easily mix it, if it doesn’t all come together like a slightly soft cookie batter, pop some water in to loosen it up.
2. Line a glass tray with baking paper, and pour the mixture in. Pop in the freezer for an hour.
3. In a small bowl mix the coconut oil, cacao and Natvia together and then pour over the mixture and pop back in the freezer until set. (You can also use melted dark chocolate, however, I have kept this super simple – and it sort of reminds me of the chocolate crackle topping with the cacao and oil combo!).
4. Keep in freezer.
Dairy Free Hemp Protein Smoothie
One last one I wanted to show you I found on Youtube. It’s a very tasty creamy banana hemp smoothie.
We hope you can make use ot the 3 recipes above. So far, within my family, we’ve made the smoothie and the protein balls, but still to jump in the bars. Next on the list I reckon.