Last Updated on
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that there is a massive push and trend currently on the benefits of celery and celery juice in particular. So this weeks link round up will look at some of the articles on this wonder superfood.
Article 1: Study finds that celery compounds may halt breast cancer
This article in Naturalnews.com discusses new findings that compounds in celery may help fight breast cancer. Apparently it all comes down to a flavonoid company know as luteolin.
According to the Missouri researchers, luteolin reduced angiogenesis or the formation of blood vessels that feed cancer cells, while increasing the rate of apoptosis or programmed cell death. Next to its cancer-fighting abilities, luteolin also displayed a protective effect.
One of the authors noted that for many older women it is normal to have benign lesions in their breast tissue. While these lesions are harmless, progestin, among other factors, promote the formation of blood vessels to feed the lesions, which can trigger them to become cancerous tumors. The study found evidence that luteolin has the potential to disrupt blood vessel formation, thereby preventing the development of cancerous tumors.
According to the article non-toxic luteolin injection may be an option to fight beast canver.
Article 2: 7 SUPERFOODS THE ‘WORLD’S FITTEST MAN’ THINKS YOU SHOULD EAT
Rich Froning Jr. is know as the worlds fittest man, after winning back to back Cross Fit games championships. He has some tips on diet and health.
“I don’t think there are any must-eat foods, but here are seven foods I tend to rely on and why,” Rich says. He adds that Renaissance Periodization (@RPStrength) a service offering online diet and training programs, also “helps me with my diet so I can train and recover optimally.”
He name his 7 top foots as:
- sweet potatoes
- workout carbs
- peanut butter
Obviously within the category of greens, he mentions celery.
Broccoli, spinach, celery, and the like are excellent low-calorie foods that are densely packed with vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and fiber. Their ratio of nutritive value to calories can’t be beaten, and I eat them with most of my whole food meals.
Article 3: Eat Celery Every Day For A Week Your Body Will Get These Health Benefits
This maybe one of the “why celery is the greatest” articles, but it does have some interesting information. It does regurgitate some of the normal info though, such as:
Researchers have confirmed the numerous health benefits of celery:
- Celery treats and prevents chronic inflammation
- It regulates the pH balance of the body
- it helps weight loss since it is low in calories but high in fiber
- Celery helps digestion and treats stomach issues and constipation
- It is 96% water, so it hydrates the body
- It lowers the risk of gastritis and gastric ulcers
- It treats urinary tract infections as it has potent diuretic properties
- It soothes the nervous system and helps you fall asleep
- It regulates cholesterol and blood pressure, as it contains phthalide
- It is low in acids and relieves heartburn and acid reflux
- Celery is abundant in vitamin A, so it improves vision, treats dry eyes, and protects the cornea
- It acts as a natural aphrodisiac since it is rich in the male pheromones, androstenol, and androsterone
- It boosts the levels of the hormone aldosterone, so it improves male’s fertility and the count of sperm
- It can clean your teeth like a natural dental floss since it is breaking into fibrous strands while chewing
What Youtube Says
What Twitter Says
— Coach (@coachmag) March 19, 2019